Sep 21, 2011
I like the game Angry Birds so much, unfortunately the developer has not establish the official one to be played in your playbook device. Rumors said that Playbook device will be able to play Android application, that means android favourites apps will be able to be played in Playbook including the famous Angry Birds. While waiting for RIM to finalize Playbook OS to Play Android application, yo can enjoy the game by doing some small effort:
- Set Playbook in development mode :
Goto Playbook settings > ”Security” > Select “Development Mode” and turn it on
You will be asked to enter a password, make sure you remember this password (Very Important)
You will see the developer mode icon next to the orientation lock icon just below the top bezel. Select the icon which looks like a person, take a note of your Playbook’s IP address
2. Download Angrybirds app to your computer Angry-Birds.bar
3. Make sure that you have Java Run-Time Environment Installed in your computer, If you already have it installed skip this step. if you dont have it install from here Java RunTime
4. Download and install DDPB (Dau Den PlayBook Installer) this software helps us to install the Angry Birds app and other apps from the Computer to your Playbook. once installed launch the application
5. Connect your Playbook to your computer using the USB cable or Wi-Fi, When DDPB is open it will ask you for the PlayBook IP address and Password Enter those information. use Add option, find angrybirds.bar file or other *.bar file select it and then click install. Once the installation is complete you can disconnect your PB from the computer and also exit the developer mode.
You will find the Angry Bird Icon in PlayBook main menu, Click to launch the game. Enjoy.
Please note that this apps might not runs smoothly as in ipad, or android devices since RIM is still developing official android player